Skip to main content

Translate

Summer

Hi, guys! Page Turner here again!
 I don't know about you guys, but I've had a pretty good summer. I can't believe that its almost over! It's back to school, and work, and real life....
  I recently went to the beach, which was pretty awesome. It was so pretty there, and we spent hours playing in the deep water, sitting on the beach, or walking up and down the sand. When we got back to our camper, everybody read---for three hours each day! Let's just say that we burned through a lot of books. See the list below!
   Anyway, as much as I love summer, I'm super stoked for the semester to start. I know that sounds nuts, but I'm taking some awesome classes this year, and I'm glad for some structure and schedule. 
 Do you ever find yourself slipping into the Summer Blues? It happens a lot during the summer.
 There's not a lot of responsibility and everybody starts to get bored. Unless you're one of those annoyingly incredible people who spend their summer running around, swimming, catching fireflies, eating ice cream, etc. :)
  Anyway, when summer finally rolls around, it seems like every thing's going to be super awesome---which it is. This summer I was blessed to head to Nashville to camp on a lake, go on a mission trip in South Carolina (more on that another day) and to the beach in Florida. It was all really fun, but during the summer buzz of lemonade and swimming, it seems that some things are forgotten.
 Without a structure, it's hard to remember or discipline myself to do my quiet time with God everyday. That should be weird, right? After all, God is the most important, satisfying, amazing Person you'll ever know, and He loves us. Beholding Him should be on the top of our to-do list.
 A comedian, Brian Reagan, talks about how he's had poor vision for a while and finally got around to getting some glasses. He pauses and grins.
 "I know, right?" he says, "How could instantly improved vision not be on the top of my to do list? Yeah, I would like to see better, but I'm going to clean out my sock drawer first. Better organized socks than instantly improved vision!"
  I love that one, and Brian Reagan's a super funny comedian, only exceeded by Tim Hawkins.
    ----STOP! Just an IMPORTANT  note: if you haven't seen Tim Hawkins. Do. Now. Okay, continue:)-----
   Anywho, God should be at the top to our to do list, but sometimes cleaning our sock drawer is what we do instead. No. I'm not kidding, guys. I cleaned out my sock drawer this summer.
  But knowing Jesus Christ should exceed anything we ever could imagine. Sometimes I don't discipline myself to do quiet time, but whenever God draws me in and I do it, I'm never sorry! We forget how important it is to spend time with our Father, our King. It is a privilege to know the Lord--and even a greater surprise that God wants us to come to Him! Being completely abandoned to God--that's what should be on our to-do list. (Getting a little cheesy now with the to do list, eh? :)
  But Jesus does tell us that our treasure should be in heaven. With school coming up, I want to make up for the time this summer, because I'll never regret that.
   I hope that you've had a good summer! Once again, I apologize for the inconsistencies of my blog. My bad! As you can tell, I've been pretty busy this summer! I hope that you guys have a good day. Remember God, and spend time with Him today.
                                                                  Page Turner, over and out!
                                                                                      ----page turner

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gilligan: the Mind Reader

I love the show "Gilligan's Island." In this old TV comedy, seven castaways are stranded on an island and are constantly looking for a way off--but poor, awkward Gilligan always messes it up. Once on the show, Gilligan finds a bush with beans that enable him to read others minds. How cool would that be! I mean, forget conversation barriers, awkwardness, finding the right words to say, etc, etc. Or is it? By the end of the show, the entire group was pitted against each other, for everyone could read each others thoughts. Thoughts are supposed to be hidden from others. Even though we are supposed to take every thought captive to Christ, I know I struggle. Ugly things pop into our minds--who would want to see that?  In science fiction, mind reading has always been seen as fascinating, bizarre, and a gift. In Gilligan's Island, the Professor admits that he thought it would create world peace. Hah. But the truth is, Someone knows every thought you've ever thunk, and w

No Strings Attatched

"I've got no strings to hold me down, to make me fret, to make me frown!" sang little Pinocchio as he danced glibly around the stage, string-less and worry-less, as the other puppets look sadly on, connected by strings like true marionettes. Maybe you recognize this scene from the 1945 Disney Pinocchio movie. For some reason, that made me think about our strings. I think we pride ourselves to be like Pinocchio: chipper, happy, and totally independent (although not quite as wooden.) Well, in reality, we are totally dependent on God. Our talents, our future, our past, our present, and our circumstances are all in the hand's of God. Sure, our decisions change things, but God's in control; nothing we do happens without Him planning it. Good grief, we don't even control our body! You can't tell your cells to burn glucose to give you energy, or your heart to beat, or your stomach juices to digest the food. (Say it with me, eww . Very good.) But God looks after u

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas! Hi, I'm Paige Turner, and I'm back for the Christmas season. I'm looking forward to writing more on my blog and also celebrating one of my favorite times of the year! Christmas can be an exciting, cozy, comforting time, but it can also be filled with stress, doubt, and sadness as we think of those we miss. Wherever you are this Christmas season, I pray that you'll find peace in our Savior--something that we all need to be reminded of, including me. :) Christmas can also be an exciting time, full of joy--even during stress and sadness, a deeper kind of joy--about Jesus, our Healer and King.I'm looking forward to celebrating love, family (while eating some delicious food), but most importantly, Jesus, Immanuel, which means, "God with us." Merry Christmas!                                                                                     See you soon,                                                                                          

Followers