Skip to main content

Translate

Back Again

       
        Hi, all! Page Turner here! I hope that everyone is having a great summer! One of the things that I am really excited about this summer is reading. With school and everything else going on, I haven't made time to read a book in a really, really long while. I feel like God gave us books, and that reading the right books can be a blessing in our lives. They can inspire us to be creative, teach us lessons, inspire us to love one another, and move our hearts to both a greater understanding and a greater love for our Savior. I feel like a few hours with a good book are a great use of time--and I plan to be doing just that this summer!
      Over the next few months, I really hope to revisit some old books as well as some new ones. I know I can't read all of them, but I also hope to at least take a thoughtful review of some books that I feel God has used to impact my life. That's why I've made a non-definitive list of 15 Fiction Books Everyone Should Read.
      Of course, this is not a complete list, and I can't guarantee every book on this is list is the best. It's just a list of some books God has used in my own life. I would love to hear about some books that you love in the comments!
       The best book that I have often neglected is the Bible. I want to learn more about Christ this summer and devote a lot of time reading His Word. What better use of time is there than growing closer to Jesus Christ?
         This summer you'll find me (hopefully) diving into the word, splashing into a pool of new books to read, and absolutely pouring over old books on my blog. That's my summer plans, so watch out for a new book review every two days. I hope to reach 15 soon!
         I hope you all have a great summer! I'll be really busy reading, running, and blogging. It feels good to be back! :)
                                                                                                   ---page turner

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gilligan: the Mind Reader

I love the show "Gilligan's Island." In this old TV comedy, seven castaways are stranded on an island and are constantly looking for a way off--but poor, awkward Gilligan always messes it up. Once on the show, Gilligan finds a bush with beans that enable him to read others minds. How cool would that be! I mean, forget conversation barriers, awkwardness, finding the right words to say, etc, etc. Or is it? By the end of the show, the entire group was pitted against each other, for everyone could read each others thoughts. Thoughts are supposed to be hidden from others. Even though we are supposed to take every thought captive to Christ, I know I struggle. Ugly things pop into our minds--who would want to see that?  In science fiction, mind reading has always been seen as fascinating, bizarre, and a gift. In Gilligan's Island, the Professor admits that he thought it would create world peace. Hah. But the truth is, Someone knows every thought you've ever thunk, and w

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas! Hi, I'm Paige Turner, and I'm back for the Christmas season. I'm looking forward to writing more on my blog and also celebrating one of my favorite times of the year! Christmas can be an exciting, cozy, comforting time, but it can also be filled with stress, doubt, and sadness as we think of those we miss. Wherever you are this Christmas season, I pray that you'll find peace in our Savior--something that we all need to be reminded of, including me. :) Christmas can also be an exciting time, full of joy--even during stress and sadness, a deeper kind of joy--about Jesus, our Healer and King.I'm looking forward to celebrating love, family (while eating some delicious food), but most importantly, Jesus, Immanuel, which means, "God with us." Merry Christmas!                                                                                     See you soon,                                                                                          

No Strings Attatched

"I've got no strings to hold me down, to make me fret, to make me frown!" sang little Pinocchio as he danced glibly around the stage, string-less and worry-less, as the other puppets look sadly on, connected by strings like true marionettes. Maybe you recognize this scene from the 1945 Disney Pinocchio movie. For some reason, that made me think about our strings. I think we pride ourselves to be like Pinocchio: chipper, happy, and totally independent (although not quite as wooden.) Well, in reality, we are totally dependent on God. Our talents, our future, our past, our present, and our circumstances are all in the hand's of God. Sure, our decisions change things, but God's in control; nothing we do happens without Him planning it. Good grief, we don't even control our body! You can't tell your cells to burn glucose to give you energy, or your heart to beat, or your stomach juices to digest the food. (Say it with me, eww . Very good.) But God looks after u

Followers