Skip to main content

Translate

Movies, Movies, Everwhere...

Hi, Page Turner here! I just did my review on Zootopia yesterday, but after a brief conversation about movies with my friends yesterday, I need to vent. There are some movies I just don't like, and some that I think are awesome that other people can't stand. So here is my list of movies I'd wish I'd never seen, and some movies I want to defend. If my view is different than yours, cool! Can't wait to here some of your favorite movies in the comments! Here are some movies I could have done without...Beware of spoilers. I hope you like my mini reviews!
Lost in Space: Okay, if you've ever watched this, you know that it started out great. I mean, overworked dad in the future takes lovely wife, genius kid, rebellious teen, and his daughter, the doctor, onto an adventure in the solar system. Together, with a suave pilot and an evil uncle, they voyage through deep space on a scifi adventure. Then--BAM---they fly through a wormhole the kid made, change the course of time, and enter a time continuem in which they're all dead and the uncle's an evil seven foot alien bug crossbreed that wants to take over earth. Bad move, guys, bad move.
Captain America: Winter Soldier: Hold it, hold it! I know you're probably having a conniption if you've ever seen the Marvel movies. Here's my reason for this: great story plot. Great acting. Best Marvel character ever. In my personal opinion, however, there was less suspense/monologuing and more shoot 'em up, real-life machine guns. It felt to much like real life, where the bad guys can tote guns and ask questions later, while in movies the dastardly villains monologue for theatrical effect and you're like, "Dude, give it up! While you're gabbing away, Captain America is totally thinking of a plan to escape and he's probably knocked out all the bad-guy guards."This movie would have been much better without the hand-to-hand machine gun combat fights.
Good Dinosaur: I think that Pixar has made amazing movies, but personally, they dropped the Luxo ball on this one.
Sum of All Fears: Not a huge fan of Ben Affleck and movies about neclear warfare scare me. My own personal opinion, though, and others really like this movie.
Sharknado: I watched the first five minutes of the first one. Just don't guys...just don't.
Fluke: Did you ever think to yourself, "Hey, I want to watch a movie about a guy who, through his own selfish behavior, gets in a car accident that kills him, so he reincarnates as a dog who can't remember anything but his family and friends and thinks that his best friend killed him so he makes another best friend that's also a dog, who was also a human, who dies later and reincarnates as a squirrel, resulting in a weird movie that was simultaneously depressing and disappointing?" No, no you didn't.

In Defense of Tomorrowland...eh, just go read my review a while back. I'm not  rewriting my argument.

Anyway, thanks for reading this! My opinion might be different from yours on these movies, so I'd love to hear what movie you'd like to defend/never see again in the comments. God has given us a wonderful life, and a little bit of movies are okay, I think. Just remember that sometimes movies can be a dud, and we should try to pick movies that glorify God. As my friend said, "Thanks a lot, terrible movie! You just wasted 2 hours of my life!" Other movies can make you smile. The point is, whatever we watch, play, read, or whatever....we should strive to do it to the glory of God who loves us.Enjoying God is what makes life good in the first place, right? He's our joy. Page Turner, over and out!
                                                                                                    -----page turner

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gilligan: the Mind Reader

I love the show "Gilligan's Island." In this old TV comedy, seven castaways are stranded on an island and are constantly looking for a way off--but poor, awkward Gilligan always messes it up. Once on the show, Gilligan finds a bush with beans that enable him to read others minds. How cool would that be! I mean, forget conversation barriers, awkwardness, finding the right words to say, etc, etc. Or is it? By the end of the show, the entire group was pitted against each other, for everyone could read each others thoughts. Thoughts are supposed to be hidden from others. Even though we are supposed to take every thought captive to Christ, I know I struggle. Ugly things pop into our minds--who would want to see that?  In science fiction, mind reading has always been seen as fascinating, bizarre, and a gift. In Gilligan's Island, the Professor admits that he thought it would create world peace. Hah. But the truth is, Someone knows every thought you've ever thunk, and w

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas! Hi, I'm Paige Turner, and I'm back for the Christmas season. I'm looking forward to writing more on my blog and also celebrating one of my favorite times of the year! Christmas can be an exciting, cozy, comforting time, but it can also be filled with stress, doubt, and sadness as we think of those we miss. Wherever you are this Christmas season, I pray that you'll find peace in our Savior--something that we all need to be reminded of, including me. :) Christmas can also be an exciting time, full of joy--even during stress and sadness, a deeper kind of joy--about Jesus, our Healer and King.I'm looking forward to celebrating love, family (while eating some delicious food), but most importantly, Jesus, Immanuel, which means, "God with us." Merry Christmas!                                                                                     See you soon,                                                                                          

No Strings Attatched

"I've got no strings to hold me down, to make me fret, to make me frown!" sang little Pinocchio as he danced glibly around the stage, string-less and worry-less, as the other puppets look sadly on, connected by strings like true marionettes. Maybe you recognize this scene from the 1945 Disney Pinocchio movie. For some reason, that made me think about our strings. I think we pride ourselves to be like Pinocchio: chipper, happy, and totally independent (although not quite as wooden.) Well, in reality, we are totally dependent on God. Our talents, our future, our past, our present, and our circumstances are all in the hand's of God. Sure, our decisions change things, but God's in control; nothing we do happens without Him planning it. Good grief, we don't even control our body! You can't tell your cells to burn glucose to give you energy, or your heart to beat, or your stomach juices to digest the food. (Say it with me, eww . Very good.) But God looks after u

Followers