Skip to main content

Translate

Arts and Entertainment

Hi, Page Turner here! It's the Page Turner Arts and Entertainment Post today. Yeah! Here goes....
Movies--A lot of good movies are coming out this year, including Finding Dory and the Jungle Book. In case you haven't seen the previews, you should go do that now. I've got a few questions for the good folks who made Finding Dory.
1. Why does Hank the Octopus only have seven arms?
2. Why is Dory in a water sanitation center?!
3. Is it just me, or did the coral reef expand, like, a ton? Or did they move?
4. How long has it been since Finding Nemo?
5. Is Dory ever going to be able to regain her long term memory? Was she searching for her family when Marlin found her in the first movie, but he made her lose focus or forget?
6. Poor Marlin! First his son, now his friend....
There's my questions for that. I can't wait to see the new Jungle Book movie. From what I've seen from it's trailer, the animation is some of the best I've ever seen and the amazing cast includes Bill Murray, Ben Kingsley,  Lupita Nyong'o (you might recognize her voice from Star Wars VII), Scarlet Johansson, and newcomer Neel Sethi. The story line looks incredible and the music--the music! Sorry, but I love instrumental soundtracks and the music I've heard in the trailer's epic! It's a beautiful, spirited rendition of the "Bare Necessities," adapted to fit the real life counter part of the Disney's classic movie.
Books: If you've read the book review a few days back, you'll know I love L.M. Montgomery's work and I'm currently reading Emily of New Moon. Go read her books. Also, "Million Dollar Mystery Series" is one of my favorite series. It's a Christian adult murder mystery series written by author Mindy Starns Clark. It's about a young widow named Callie Webber who is employed by her secretive, kind, (and handsome) boss Tom to give out grants to nonprofits via his organization, the J.O.S.H.U.A. Foundation. After using her private investigator background to research the nonprofits, Callie gives the approval to Tom that it's a worthy cause and hands them a check. On one of the trips researching a nonprofit, however, Callie stumbles across a murder that puts both her and a friend in danger. As the books progress, Callie finds herself having to use her investigator skills more and more as a trip to give a grant turns into a full fledged police investigation. At the end of the series, Callie finds that her past is interlinked with her new life,  someone she loves has been hiding a mystery for years, and the secret might threaten everything--including her life. It has a huge surprise ending! Along the way, Callie learns that God is in control, even when her life is falling to pieces. I give all of the books---Penny for Your Thoughts, Don't Take Any Wooden Nickles, Dime a Dozen, Quarter for a Kiss, and Pass the Buck as many stars as the Page Turner Star Vault will allow! Yeah, they're that good. Although different than, say, Anne of Green Gables or the Invention of Hugo Cabret, I love mysteries and this series kept me company all through December.
Food: Many would argue that food is an art. Okay, so here's a tip: the best thing ever is vanilla ice cream with hot fudge sauce and peanuts. I don't care if fancy-schmancy restaurants make amazing and delicious food, I'm craving ice cream and burgers. Some healthy :) foods includes salad, chicken, fruits, yogurt,  milk...and sometimes candy. Also, drinking water helps a ton of things. Did you know that eating celery burns more calories than there are in a celery? The only problem is, it takes a while to be full! I was going to include a list of weird and gross foods, but after reading about some of them, I am no longer hungry. At all.
                            Thanks for reading my Arts and Entertainment blog! Hope you decide to read the Million Dollar Mystery Series by Mindy Starnes Clark, and enjoy some healthy (and delicious food). No matter if you read the books I suggest or watch the movies I talked about, spend time with God today. Spending time with the Lord is the greatest use of our time---ever! See ya later! Page Turner, over and out.
                                                                                    ---page turner

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas! Hi, I'm Paige Turner, and I'm back for the Christmas season. I'm looking forward to writing more on my blog and also celebrating one of my favorite times of the year! Christmas can be an exciting, cozy, comforting time, but it can also be filled with stress, doubt, and sadness as we think of those we miss. Wherever you are this Christmas season, I pray that you'll find peace in our Savior--something that we all need to be reminded of, including me. :) Christmas can also be an exciting time, full of joy--even during stress and sadness, a deeper kind of joy--about Jesus, our Healer and King.I'm looking forward to celebrating love, family (while eating some delicious food), but most importantly, Jesus, Immanuel, which means, "God with us." Merry Christmas!                                                                                     See you soon,                                                                                          

Gilligan: the Mind Reader

I love the show "Gilligan's Island." In this old TV comedy, seven castaways are stranded on an island and are constantly looking for a way off--but poor, awkward Gilligan always messes it up. Once on the show, Gilligan finds a bush with beans that enable him to read others minds. How cool would that be! I mean, forget conversation barriers, awkwardness, finding the right words to say, etc, etc. Or is it? By the end of the show, the entire group was pitted against each other, for everyone could read each others thoughts. Thoughts are supposed to be hidden from others. Even though we are supposed to take every thought captive to Christ, I know I struggle. Ugly things pop into our minds--who would want to see that?  In science fiction, mind reading has always been seen as fascinating, bizarre, and a gift. In Gilligan's Island, the Professor admits that he thought it would create world peace. Hah. But the truth is, Someone knows every thought you've ever thunk, and w

No Strings Attatched

"I've got no strings to hold me down, to make me fret, to make me frown!" sang little Pinocchio as he danced glibly around the stage, string-less and worry-less, as the other puppets look sadly on, connected by strings like true marionettes. Maybe you recognize this scene from the 1945 Disney Pinocchio movie. For some reason, that made me think about our strings. I think we pride ourselves to be like Pinocchio: chipper, happy, and totally independent (although not quite as wooden.) Well, in reality, we are totally dependent on God. Our talents, our future, our past, our present, and our circumstances are all in the hand's of God. Sure, our decisions change things, but God's in control; nothing we do happens without Him planning it. Good grief, we don't even control our body! You can't tell your cells to burn glucose to give you energy, or your heart to beat, or your stomach juices to digest the food. (Say it with me, eww . Very good.) But God looks after u

Followers