Skip to main content

Translate

Blogging Again...


See Details Below

 Hey, I'm back! Page Turner here. It's been a while since I've been on my blog, but I'm excited to be back! I hope you've all had a good summer. Mine's been busy, but great, although my blog has taken a backseat...for the past few months. I always thought a blog was about being cool and enjoyable and getting a lot of people to read it,  but now I realize that writing is a gift that God's given me. When I enjoy it, I bring praise to Him and glorify Him. Writing on my blog, rejoicing in His love and being excited about the the happiness I get from the gift He's given me...glorifying my Savior...that's a great reason for writing a blog! God is amazing! Anyway, it's good to be back. Here's some updates...
  • I love writing book reviews and movie reviews, so I'm going to be reviewing Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man Tell No Tales, Descendants 2, and AstroBoy, and for books, Rilla of Ingleside and Uncle Tom's Cabin.
  • I'm starting a new section: a Science section. It's a lot like my Random Facts and Trivia, but more centered on Science. I think how God made the world work is so incredible and I love writing about it and marveling at His awsomeness we can see in creation!
  • Cool News: Sign Language is an official language you can take in high school. Many bills have been passed recently allowing it to be accredited. I think that is so amazing and important. 
  • Lastly, I know someone who has recently built an amazing Lego Set. He's entered a contest called, Lego Ideas and if you get enough votes, it can become an official Lego set. This young man has been working on it for countless hours, and put unimaginable details into his design. And, he's built it into a Jeep Cherokee, one of my favorite vehicles. He is so talented and got it to look exactly right. It's super easy to vote for him. If you go to https://ideas.lego.com/dashboard and find the log in, once you click on that, there will be a blue bar that asks if you don't already have an account. It's free and takes about a minute and a half to create. Afterwards, go to this link: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/39ad30ec-ce30-44a3-973f-f52c5c6785a8 or search for Jeep Cherokee XJ, you can click "Support". This is like voting, and raises his tally. Once he gets to 10,000, it becomes a set. He's even gotten a Staff Pick, which is really important and cool! Lego Staff have voted that his set is one of their favorites. So please vote!  :)  It's made by legomountainfanatic.
Anyway, that's it! I hope to be blogging a lot more! See you later...
                                                                                 ---page turner

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Invention of Hugo Cabret

Hi, Page Turner here! I'm back for--guess what!--another book review. That's right, folks. Book reviews are now officially part of the blog and will be labeled under movie reviews. What's this one on? Just one of the greatest graphic novels of all time. Okay, so when I said 'graphic novel' I guess I should be more specific. According to the dictionary a graphic novel is "a novel in a comic strip format." This book combines pages with words with pages covered in beautiful drawings that tell a story almost as clearly as the aforesaid written pages do. If you haven't guessed it all ready, this is the story of "The Invention of Hugo Cabret." If this doesn't sound like your kind of book, does mystery, danger, an orphan kid living in a clock tower, an old man with a secret, the history and magic of movies, or a secret hidden in a metal automaton strike your fancy? Here's my review!                   ...

Books, Books, Books...

Hi, Page Turner here! Okay, so if the start of this high school year as been anything, it has  not  been boring due to lack of books to read. Here's a list of my favorite books, (in no particular order) that I've read since August!     1. "Bud, Not Buddy." This is book filled with humor and pathos and narrated by a ten-year old street-savvy kid in the Great Depression. After loosing his mom when he was six, he is moved to an orphanage. After a series of events, he finds himself alone on the road. But Bud has a secret--he thinks he knows who is father is, and he sets out to find him. This heart-warming story shows the heart of young boy, the mind of a hardened man, and the importance of family. 8/10! 2. "City of Ember Trilogy" Okay, so actually it's a quartet, but I've never liked the "Prophet of Yunwood" anyway. This series follows the events after a devastating world war that caused fire, starvation, and disease; a war that nearly wiped...

The Good Dinosaur

Hi, Page Turner again! In case you were wondering, I had a blast on Valentine's Day and I'm now back for a brand-new movie review! Today, I was able to watch the Good Dinosaur and was left with feelings of Jurassic proportions...   The Good Dinosaur starts out with incredible CGI landscapes inspired by the Wyoming mountains, as a green dinosaur couple looks over their three eggs that are starting to hatch, in a moment akin to the very beginning of Finding Nemo. Each of the eggs hatch out three young dinosaurs, but Arlo is the very smallest of his family. As the summers pass and the farming family grows, Arlo's brother and sister place their footprints on the side of their corn silo, besides their parents, indicating they've 'made a mark' on the world. Everybody in his family has one except Arlo; everything in life scares him. His kind Papa tries one day to help Arlo prove his bravery and earn his mark by capturing and destroying the critter that eats from their...

Followers