Skip to main content

Translate

The Point

Hi, Page Turner here! It's been a long time since my last post. :) I guess I just haven't really had a lot to say. That's not to say that important stuff hasn't been happening, though! I just haven't really been able to think of anything to write and put down.
 I've gone over a lot of my older posts, and I'm going to be honest. I've been writing this blog for almost two years and I've realized more and more how the posts have changed. (I've also noticed I don't use paragraphs enough:)
 I used to think blogging was about expressing yourself and getting your thoughts and opinions out there in a fun way that looks really cool. But as a Christian, blogging should be so much more than that. It should still be fun :) and it can definitely look cool!
 But my focus shouldn't be on how I can make myself heard because I want attention. I should be promoting my great King, Jesus! (Besides, who wants to read a blog that's completely obsessed about me? I'd much rather hear about Jesus!) Blog posts can still be silly, and weird, and random, and vibrantly colorful and energetic; they still be fresh and fun, but I don't want them to be about me any more. I want my blogs to be about Jesus! I want the root of all their exciting and fresh and uplifting stuff to be from God, because He's awesome, and exciting, and the coolest One ever!
I really want the blog posts to be about stuff that matters. I've got a lot of different posts on my blog, and I love every minute of writing. (Oh, and the time thing too! Time's been a factor, too:)
 Anyway, I want you to know that God created writing and art, and everything else that's completely cool! I want what I write and create to point back to my Creator, because He's absolutely amazing and I want you to know more about Him! He saved me and loves me and I have hope because of Him.
 I hope that I'll get to writing soon (who knows!) but until then I pray that you'll keep enjoying God and all of His blessings! He is worth it!
                                                                                                         your friend,
                                                                                                              page turner

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas! Hi, I'm Paige Turner, and I'm back for the Christmas season. I'm looking forward to writing more on my blog and also celebrating one of my favorite times of the year! Christmas can be an exciting, cozy, comforting time, but it can also be filled with stress, doubt, and sadness as we think of those we miss. Wherever you are this Christmas season, I pray that you'll find peace in our Savior--something that we all need to be reminded of, including me. :) Christmas can also be an exciting time, full of joy--even during stress and sadness, a deeper kind of joy--about Jesus, our Healer and King.I'm looking forward to celebrating love, family (while eating some delicious food), but most importantly, Jesus, Immanuel, which means, "God with us." Merry Christmas!                                                                                     See you soon,                                                                                          

Twenty Seconds of Insane Courage.....

Hi, Page Tuner here! Have you ever seen "Finding Nemo ", "Tangled, " or pretty much any other Disney movie? They pretty much have a few things in common: 1. They all have singing 2. They all have heroes 3. And they all have a point in the story where I'm sobbing     The second point is pretty true for almost every movie, book, or television show ever created, right? A story can't function, not really, without a hero. What would the point of the Avengers be without the Avengers? Or Aladdin without Aladdin? Or " The Princess and the Frog" without the princess or the frog? (Also, hero's get their names on movies a lot!) So what makes a movie hero a hero? Well, mostly bravery. Not many hero's end up with their hero cred by cowering in fear or running away. To quote Ralph Waldo Emerson, "A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is braver five minutes longer." This reminds me of a movie....            Have you ever seen &

Gilligan: the Mind Reader

I love the show "Gilligan's Island." In this old TV comedy, seven castaways are stranded on an island and are constantly looking for a way off--but poor, awkward Gilligan always messes it up. Once on the show, Gilligan finds a bush with beans that enable him to read others minds. How cool would that be! I mean, forget conversation barriers, awkwardness, finding the right words to say, etc, etc. Or is it? By the end of the show, the entire group was pitted against each other, for everyone could read each others thoughts. Thoughts are supposed to be hidden from others. Even though we are supposed to take every thought captive to Christ, I know I struggle. Ugly things pop into our minds--who would want to see that?  In science fiction, mind reading has always been seen as fascinating, bizarre, and a gift. In Gilligan's Island, the Professor admits that he thought it would create world peace. Hah. But the truth is, Someone knows every thought you've ever thunk, and w

Followers